Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your blog:
– Your property page would not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Web page and discover what the site is about, which products it sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animation and sound but which you have to watch for the purpose of five to ten seconds before you are taken up the real Web site), and also other Web design features that pull interest from your Web-site, products, and/ or offerings.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages with no links, backlinks that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home web page (always add a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where readers are, they will find the way back home! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web-site is not your online strategy. Your Site is just a component to your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have an effective restaurant nevertheless want in promoting and promote your business www.bitokua.com online. Creating a Web site is great, when it is not marketed and publicized, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Web site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to enhance your Internet site. If you provide a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are successfully using your Web-site as part of your marketing strategy to meet while you make money of improved restaurant sales.
– Failure to attain Web-site relevance and content updating. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Mistaken pricing, products no longer offered, dated content, and historical advertising every signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering considerably. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will detract the visitor out of getting the level of your Internet site (the five-second rule talked about earlier).
— Avoid a lot of text results. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Do create a “loud” Web site that have so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or design that tourists are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web site so that you have a tendency overwhelm your webblog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. Just read was cool 10 years ago, playing with today’s professional environment, they may be just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors do want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by simple fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames into Web site design. The use of support frames within a Web site will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Internet site design factors to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.